FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No meal service in F TPA - IAH
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:30 am
nova08

Originally Posted by channa
I'm sure if we dug up the threads, someone would have posted something to the effect of the usual shortsighted, "If CO offered a snack basket on this flight, would you pay more to fly it? If not, then they've made the right decision."

As for UA, UA is not perfect, never said it was. In fact on this issue, UA is average -- the snack basket is standard across the industry at this point. I suppose we could start nitpicking on snack basket contents but at the end of the day a snack basket is the standard that CO fails to meet in this instance.
Weren't these the type of flights that CO used to offer that cold plate? Do they still offer these cold plates or did UA kill that idea and they just have yet to bring the snack baskets to CO? They weren't spectacular but at least it was a half a$$ attempt at a small meal rather than a bag of chips

I too was dissappointed with no meal on a 4:45pm dep on ATL-IAH, not even pretzels or nuts.

Yes Channa I'm going to go there. The snack baskets are pretty pathetic, yes better than nothing but honestly if I knew ahead of time that I was on a "snack basket" flight I would probably pack an extra protein bar or pick up something in the airport. If they don't want to offer a full meal can't they just offer a small salad or small cold sandwich or is that asking too much.