FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points expiring... ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:25 pm
zutmin

Originally Posted by sharonsimon
I don't have enough points to get any ticket, I won't be able to take a flight before my points expire, and I don't want the credit card, so I am assuming there are no other possible ways to either use my current 900 points or prevent them from expiring.
Your 900 points are valued at about $9.00 toward a flight. At this point it is likely going to cost you at least $9.00 to acquire more JetBlue points. (ie...AMEX JetBlue card w/ approx $49 annual fee, IIRC).

At one time the JetBlue Amex was offering a 20K point sign-up bonus and 10K for referrals to the card. I referred my wife after getting the 20K sign-up bonus and ended up with 30K points. My wife got the 20K and she referred a friend and got another 10K.

The JetBlue Amex sign-up bonus is only 10K now and 5K for referrals. With the annual fee of approx $49 it is hardly worth it IMO. If you see an offer for 20K sign-up it would be well worth it though.

As a last ditch effort, log onto Jetblue.com and look for any points earnings opportunities/offers.

Good luck.