FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Rome or Rome Cavalieri
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:10 pm
Cubswin

Originally Posted by ducktape
My Wife and I just came back from the Cavarlieri 2 weeks ago. We are hilton gold, and used points for the 4 night stay. I'll give you some pros and cons of the place.
Pros: great breakfest, nice pool, perfect view of room if you get a rome facing that way, great service, nice rooms.

Cons: Last bus back to the hotel is 8pm (Taxi from the city will be 13-15 eruo), The lounge is really nothing more than a place with some free coke, water, beer and nut, room is clean but seems out dated for such a hotel. the top floor lounge is no longer open to gold or diamond.

Overall I would say stay closer to the city if you can, the Cavalier is not worth all the money or points needed to stay there. July will be really hot, if you are going to visit the Vatican museum, try to get there real early befoe it gets hot, because most of the rooms have no AC and you are just going to sweat along with a mass of humanity. Get some sun tan lotion and a nice straw hat for your wife, it should be into the mid-high 90s by July.
Oh one more thing, istead of taking a Taxi from the airport, get a private car from romecabs.com it's only 5 euro more, but you get a nice driver waiting for you at the airport with a sign and a nice Merc ride to the hotel. The best 50 euros we spent in rome. (need to tip of course) :-) have fun on your trip, we did!
As a Hilton Gold do you get free breakfast there?