FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jeff's speech at Deutsche Bank Aviation and Transportation Conference
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:46 pm
tuolumne

Originally Posted by sxf24
I don't know about you, but I heard Jeff speak and feel like I can comment on the topic at hand.

UA has made investing in its premium product a priority. Since most demand is for C/J tickets, rather than F, this is where most of the focus is. UA's next generation C/J product on both 2- and 3-class aircraft is very competitive with C/J products most of its competitors.
While the CO side will continue to (and has for years) argue that intl 3-cabin F is a "waste of time" and that there is no need to offer the product (as you have personally done on multiple occasions), the truth is that pmUA's intl. route network fully supports F inventory. If what you say is true, UA wouldn't have made a strategic decision to invest in a brand new F suite for ever one of their nearly 100 intl. widebody aircraft (and upgrade them into the 763).

Saying things like F won't be focused on because more C seats are sold is generally not supported by reality. in fact, look for Smisek to unveil an upgraded soft product for United First. [Unduly personalized comment deleted by moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 14, 2011 at 3:13 pm Reason: See last line above.