FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:54 am
ande777emt

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by unicon
I'm flying ICN-SFO on Sep 26th and just called the reservation center to ensure my flight is still the QS one and the agent did confirm that it is. Is this downgrade to old Biz a common occurrence on the ICN-SFO route? I was under the impression that this route was guaranteed to have to the QS as it is advertised that way.

Will be quite frustrating if our flight does end up getting downgraded as I had booked OZ over UA F because of the QS.
Talking to people I know who fly the route alot (my former employer has large offices in ICN and SFO) I know one who's done 12 RT's from ICN-SFO since they launched QS on the route and he's never had a down grade. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but LAX and SFO are two of the higher yielding routes for C, so I think OZ does their best to ensure there's a QS plane on those routes.

Originally Posted by mjgodden
Fingers crossed that you get the QS, but I would pick the new UA F over OZ C class any day. Whilst soft products are closer, the UA F suite is much larger and provides more personal space over the albeit very good OZ Quadra Smartium.

Mark
UA F has a slightly better seat with a little more space, but that's their only advantage. OZ's C soft product is definitely better than UA's F soft product. Better food and way better FA's.