FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:01 am
johnathome

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Just finished a two night stay at the Hilton. Booked a Executive Room and was upgraded to a Deluxe Suite. Very large room but long/rectangular in shape. Bed was a little too firm for my taste and the dark wood is starting to show wear. The shower room with tub inside also looked a bit worn and would gather water after a shower. The tv was fun though. Desk had plenty of plugs and the rooms do have wifi now.

The Executive Room check-in/out was very efficient and the cocktails in the evening and espresso in the afternoon helped a lot.

I found that some cabs still didn't know exactly where the hotel was so I had to give them directions once we got to the area. The hotel is off the main streets and you may need to wait for a cab. If so, just walk a block to the main strip and you can find a cab easily enough (or at least that worked for me).

I had excellent service while staying at the hotel. Everyone from the Executive Lounge, bell hops, concierge to the breakfast team (had my breakfast downstairs which was a bit loud but I thought more choices). As others mentioned, there is construction noise (unclear to me which site was creating it but there must be at least 2 sites nearby where there is active construction) but didn't affect us in our room. I guess if you plan on napping in the afternoon, it might bother you depending on what floor you are.

Overall, very nice stay.