FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waitlist on RTW LA
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2002, 1:53 am
pegasus8228

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
chiangi san,

thanks so much in advance.
i actually need 2 seats for the LA flight. AA told me they are all "closed for WL".

i can "see" the A inventory now, funny enough, it is via ual.com but it showed F4A0 for Feb 3/5/7.

i figure if i can see 2 A's. it would be easy. i just need the LA PNR (for 2 pax) and tell AA to merge them (or just keep them till i board the flight, since AA has booked me for D).
with only 5 seats in total, i guess they always allocate at most 2 A's per flight. if one of these A's is taken, the 2 PAX has trouble booking the second A. but what AA failed to do is the "WL".

with 1A available i think it is a bit tricky. because if i grab this 1A and do not alert them AA, when another A is released, they still cannot book me for it.
so my options are
1. grab the seat first, tell AA the PNR and ask AA to negotiate an extra seat from LA in order to merge the PNR's
2. grab the seat, wait till the second A is avilable and grab it as well, after i got both i can tell AA to merge the PNRs.

p.s.
i remember you talked about the JL booking system a few months ago.
how much do they charge per year?
do they charge you per reservation?
do they need ticket number for making reseravtion?
i can actually read 90% japanese
(chyodo benkyo shimasuda)

---
Th,
for ITN, you need to register/login as a user, and choose advance viewing in your option/profile.

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 01-06-2002).]