FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First class on regional jets
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:39 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by dtremit
My understanding is that until all planes of that type are reconfigured, those booked in the "lucky" seats will stay there, regardless of status, with coach service.

After all the planes of a given type are reconfigured, the seat map will be reloaded and those in the new F seats will be moved to the back, with upgrades processed as usual. My experience with other movements into Y with US suggests that "where" will be "any open seat."

The 170s aren't due to be completed until December, though, so the latter scenario seems unlikely.
Thanks. I didn't know about the December thing, but otherwise this conforms to my understanding. Which, again, is that the whole thing is a mixed blessing. Assuming no change, 2C will still exist ; but I can't book it now ! Whereas, if there is a change, and I am not upgraded, I'll be riding in 17F or 18A.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Aug 17, 2011 at 8:53 am Reason: Changed hypothetical re-assigned seats ... had forgotten what the back of an E170 looked like !