FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry & Passport Renewal
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:18 pm
alexb133

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by JumboD
I need a new passport within the year. If I apply for GE now, with the current one, will everything in the CBP system update automatically when I renew (and will the new passport come with a sticker already in it)?

Also, I know they ask about work history, but how in depth do they get in that regard? Given the various trade secret-related NDAs I am under, I wouldn't want to be in a situation where it's either violate one of them or refuse to provide information that not only gets me denied from the program but also leads to extra scrutiny in the future.
Once your passport renews, you have to update it in the GOES system. (same goes for your driver's licence btw). The new passport does not come with the sticker, but you can walk into any GE office (no appointment), and they'll give you the sticker.

Regarding the work history, they ask for five years history. Everything in the past five years.

Your NDAs are not going to be violated. You have to disclose the places of employment, addresses, and the dates (no major details)

If you fail to disclose all places of employment (and they somehow find out), they will deny you GE.