FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:18 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet
Hmm...I wonder if they are looking at this closer or what. I added it last night to my account. Opened in May....also got the 75K bump but the rep didn't say anything about this. I have already been working on my 15 transactions since he added the promo! Makes me wonder what will happen come next month when I ask about it.

Wonder if they will deny me even though I was told I could get it. I will be pretty ticked off because I could have been making these charges on my Sapphire preferred instead!! Am Ex is my secondary card for Costco and such....
My 3rd call. This rep initially said it was automatic on all GLD cards but I wanted him to notate it to make sure... he then went to research and came back to tell me the July 1st date. He went on to say even notated it may not be honored when one calls back after fulfill the requirement...

Since 15 transactions are not hard to do I would do it anyway for the 1st month and see how far you get. Remember, it is the number of transaction that matters. There is no restriction on the amount of transaction as far as I know.