FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If no FFNs who will not requalify?
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:41 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by fstop75
I hope not but in light of United's rumored "enhancements" to their 2012 elite program, it's definitely plausible. If they do eliminate FFN, I think they will see first hand the law of unintended consequences as FFN is a BIG incentive for not just the Kettles, but the high revenue customers as well. Couple that with the fact that the high revenue customers are often elites in other programs as well and will simply book elsewhere for their best return. We are loyal, but not to a fault, and definitely not for the White Ginger.
Im not a Haytt member, but have been with *W for yrs and if they didnt have their 3-4-1 promo for their last Q, I would have still stayed (not as many stays as I did) since I wouldnt want to lose my Plat status. So x % will stay and earn Diamond no matter what since like me they dont want to lose their status.

I find most who are only doing it for the freebes would hit the road if its not offered. I think x amount also wouldnt have requalified with SPG if they didnt have the promo, and I know some who are simply waiting for the stay 1 get 2 stay credit to come around again, so that all they need is 13 stays instead of 25 for Plat. They want Plat for when they cash in their pts mainly earned not from Stays but from using the Amex CC