FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updated: Award Redeposit and Reissue Rule Change
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:17 am
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Big on this. Once the details on the redeposit rule were sorted, I had no problem with them. However, finding award inventory at the low level in advance can be a problem. If DL isn't going to make that inventory available in advance, then it's only fair to allow members to make changes to grab the low mileage inventory at the last minute.

I, for one, would like a detailed analysis of how DL's coming up with "more than 1,000,000 award seats that were going unused at the 72 hour mark prior to departure". If the flight hasn't departed yet, clearly the seat hasn't been used yet. Or is the claim that there are 1,000,000 award seats booked at the 72 hour mark that get changed, cancelled, or fly empty without a change/cancellation? Seems like it might have been fair to give the new policy six months to see what its impact is before deciding to require all changes to take place 72 hours in advance.

Again to DL for this change.

^^^^^^^

Delta is DRIVING THIS BEHAVIOUR by releasing "Low" very close in and then BLAMING DM's?!?!?!