FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa/Star RTW fares back again from OZ - $A1599 ($US1040) + tax
Old Jul 31, 2003, 8:06 am
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Sorry but Ozstamps don't believe everything best flights tells you. It's baloney. These fares have been there since 2002 odd, Indeed the current version's dates go back to March or May 2002 IIRC.

I'd say the only real reason best flights is hyping it up is the $1579 (or whatever) fare is unusually low for low season. In high season it has been around the $2295 mark, but the same general fare has been around for ages.

This is absolutely nothing new and it has not been pulled since it started (and I know because I have been monitoring various fares, with this being one of them, every week or so for the past year or more).

Incidently travel.com.au have had a banner for the lower season fare up for about the past 2 weeks.

Incidently the sniping in the best flights newsletter this week really was a bit of a PITA considering the LH fare had been promoted elsewhere over a week before their newsletter, but lets not let the facts get in the way of a really good gripe!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

[This message has been edited by RichardMEL (edited 07-31-2003).]