FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copy of new Star Special RTW - from 15 April
Old May 1, 2003, 3:13 am
Al B

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mad_atta:
I gave up on the idea, partly because when I try to be a bit too clever it usually ends up biting me on the arse, and partly because I'd have to use UA (assuming they agreed to it) and I wouldn't want my RTW issued on UA stock.</font>
Tickets can be issued on any participating carriers stock, 'atta, as per rule 15 A 1 b. There is no rule stating the ticket stock must be of the first carrier. If you walked into say TG's ticket office in MEL and said, righto, here's the dosh, I want a RTW and here's the itinerary, with first sectors not on them, of course they'd do it. Ansett were always issuing RTW's with first segments on UA SQ TG NZ etc, as many agents got a better deal from AN being local.
Same deal with an agent - many agents may have UA as a preferred, but an equal number will be preferred with SQ or TG. Just tell 'em you want it ticketed on any stock but 016.
Cheers.