FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copy of new Star Special RTW - from 15 April
Old Apr 29, 2003, 8:38 pm
Patron

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mad_atta:
How many times can you actual stopover there? I have an idea you can only stopover in any given city once, but I can't see that written anywhere in the rules - have I imagined this?</font>
Maximum of one stopover permitted in any one city. (You find this rule in point 8G)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mad_atta:
Can the first sector be domestic, i.e. can I start my RTW in Melbourne and stopover in Sydney for a few months before carrying on with the international sectors? </font>
Yes. MEL-SYD-international sector is an excellent example, as there are numerous international *A operated flights out of SYD. There is no need to go (back) to MEL – which is forbidden – to fly international.
If so, am I right in interpreting the rules that the season would be determined by the timing of the first international sector? </font>
Yes, at this is the wording of the rule: The date of departure of the first international sector determines the applicable seasonal fare for the entire journey (You find this rule in point under point 3 “Seasonality”).