FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points being calculated incorrectly. Check your folios.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:16 pm
cottonpatch

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
I'm only 1 out of 3 of my last Hyatt Place Welcome Amenity (1W) points posting. The only property (stay 1) that got it right even knew what it was. Because of there knowledge and proper implementation of the 1W bonus at this property it seems obvious to me that the problem with this bonus posting is solved at the Front Desk. The last HP property (stay 3) I stayed at was totally clueless about what the bonus was. I checked out and didn't have a high degree of confidence that the points would be posted. The hotel points were posted today and yes the 1W bonus fails to show up again.

The good news is that the "Request Missing Stay/Bonus" button worked on my previous missing stay (stay 2). Those bonus points did get posted today. Now I'll have to wait the requisite waiting period to request the proper credit for stay 3. And yes, Hyatt is very good about correcting points posting problems but it is a hassle to have to bird-dog the problem and facilitate the proper follow up.

I'm really diligently requesting upon check-in that the Diamond Amenity Welcome Bonus (1W) get applied instead of getting a welcome amenity (beverage, whatever it might be). I usually get met with blank stares (stay 2 and 3) but am reassured that my GP number is in the account and that I will get all of the points will be posted correctly.

Obviously there is a communication breakdown between Hyatt marketing and what front desk staff understand about the GP program. It's really not that complicated but it is a widespread problem. It makes me wonder how well they'll implement the new Diamond amenities such as 4pm checkout at non-resort properties. Or, will this be something else that customers will have to train the Front Desk staff on too.