FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short stopover in CMB - tips & recommendations appreciated
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:13 am
ningyo

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
Question Short stopover in CMB - tips & recommendations appreciated

Hi, I'll have a short stopover (8:45 a.m. till 14:10 p.m.) with EK in CMB, en route to Singapore. Considering the time needed to get out and back in, I guess I'll have about 3 hrs during which I'd like to get a glimpse of the country.

I was thinking about going to Negombo, as it seems to be closer than Colombo, look around town and get a bite to eat (local food), and then head back. Is this doable? How much time do I need to calculate? Is it better to take a taxi or a tuktuk? How much earlier will I need to be back at the airport, considering that I'll have only hand luggage?

Alternatively a friend who spent longer holidays in Sri Lanka a few years ago suggested an Ayurveda treatment. But I believe the time is too short to do anything decently relaxing. Also I really want to try the local food.

Can you give me tips on the above, or do you have any other suggestions?
I'd greatly appreciate any ideas and recommendations.

P.S. It probably doesn't matter much in Sri Lanka, but I'm a 32 y-o European female travelling alone.