FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bali driver / car service recommendations
Old Jul 30, 11, 5:28 am
jrzyshawn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by jrzyshawn View Post
I just emailed Dewa Marco based on this thread and look forward to hearing from him if he can accommodate me on such short notice.
We are back from Bali now. I used DM&CO and had a great experience. His driver was professional, courteous and spoke English as well as Japanese, Balinese and Mandarin. Our driver was totally flexible and offered great suggestions. For our full day hire we just had three stops that were a must do. Elephant riding at the Bali Elephant Camp and shopping for hand carved stone works and hand carved wood works. Our driver first brought us to the Bali Elephant Camp, which take almost 2 hours to get to with traffic, so I suggest making it your first stop and requesting a pick up earlier than 9 am if possible. Our driver knew all the best areas to purchased the hand carved wood and stone items that we were looking for and gave us tips on how to bargin for the best deals. He also told us to walk away if the negotiations are not going in our favor because he will take us to another location.

In between all the shopping stops our driver told us all about the local area and provided with excellent highlights. I am very glad we found this thread and that we used DM&CO. I believe the price we paid was fair and reasonable (450,000. rp (USD aprox $50) for a full day tour. At the end of the evening our driver took us to a less crowded part of Kuta Beach for a wonderful sunset.