FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What makes UA/CO worth it to you?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:45 pm
Joshua

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
What makes UA/CO worth it to you?

With all the grumbling about changes we don't like, etc., I think it's worth discussing what keeps us flying UA/CO. My list:
  • Schedules & frequency: nobody else has red-eyes when I need them. I fly LAX/SFO -> CLE/PIT.
  • Economy Plus: This makes flying as a bottom tier elite a lot more tolerable, makes not getting upgrades a lot less traumatic, and means less stressing about trying to get an exit row seat assignment when you're stuck in coach.
  • Worldwide service: I can access Europe, Asia, and Australia on United metal. (Delta admittedly has this benefit too now with their LAX-SYD service.)
  • Redeemable miles (UA only?): I've been able to redeem flights to places like Hawai'i for family and friends.
  • Access to major cities: I can access nonstops to New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, Houston, & D.C., America's #1, #2, #3, #6, and #7 sized cities, on UA/CO metal. If we're willing to include Star Alliance, throw in Philadelphia, #5, as well.
  • Reasonable customer service: United seems to answer any complaint with a voucher. During IRROPS, they try to fix things, especially for top tier elites.

Let's please not descend into a laundry list of what's wrong with UA/CO. There are plenty of threads addressing that.