FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Creation of a Lounge Subforum in OMNI
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:39 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Pin a link to the top of each forum that redirects to the appropriate OMNI thread. Problem solved.
THAT is a solution to a problem that never exists. There's never a problem with the placement of lounge threads. We are not in Technical Issues Forum asking how to be "redirected."

Like I had said up thread, the community lounge thread will NOT work in OMNI. The community lounge thread is in CommunityBuzz! Forum for a good reason. We are a community! Any FTer can chime in and mingle with the lounge crowd in FT Community Lounge. The door is open to every FTer, even though not every FTer chooses to stop by. Hey, it's a free forum/society/country. It won't be THE community lounge thread no more if moved to OMNI.

Allow me to repeat myself. The community lounge thread is not about off-topic discussion. Moving it to OMNI is just so wrong:

OMNI
OMNI is the place for vibrant dialogue on topics unrelated to miles, points, and travel. It is fascinating reading and provides quite a bit of humor and entertainment.
(bolding mine)

Can you honestly tell me our current community lounge thread would fit under OMNI with the above forum description?

IMHO, lounge subforum in OMNI is just asking for troubles.