FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Failed to Pass: Restore Post Count Credit for Omni
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:55 am
as219

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
The Talk Board, by virtue of allowing images in Omni and stating it was to be treated like the rest of FT, already decided that Omni was just the same as the rest of FT.
Sorry, I don't read it that way at all. The resolution says simply "Allow Images in both OMNI and OMNI/PR." It may be the case that some people justified their arguments in favor of the resolution by saying that "Omni was just the same as the rest of FT," but it certianly wasn't part of the resolution so I don't see how it serves as a "precedent" that OMNI must now be treated exactly like the rest of FT. And if we want to go down that road, how can you claim OMNI is "the same" as the rest of FT when it, like some other boards but not others, are restricted?

Again, if you want to make the case that OMNI posts should be allowed to count, that's fine, but then I suggest you make the case on its own merits rather than pleas for consistency.

As well, what does Dining Buzz have to do with the core mission of this site?
Part of traveling to other places is eating in restaurants, sampling the local cuisine, etc.

The arguments presented are listed as examples of different treatments for the same type posts. That is inconsistent and sends mixed messages.
What's the mixed message? As our Founding Father wrote:

FlyerTalk's original mission and intent was to serve as a place where frequent travelers could exchange, in a positive manner, information and opinions about frequent flyer miles and points and the greater topic of travel. This is still our mission and we want to acknowledge those members who contribute to making FlyerTalk the leading online community of frequent travelers. OMNI, as many of you know, is more of a member requested sideline, and while it serves to build community bonds, it certainly veers from the core FlyerTalk topics.