FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:14 pm
Hyperacusis

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
CCR Access Question

This one is for the BAEC experts here, as I was unable to locate a clear answer to my question in the stickies and through searching.

I will be flying AUS-DFW-LHR-DXB next month. AUS-DFW-LHR will be AA segments, while LHR-DXB will, of course, be on BA. The ticket will be a paid discounted J fare (I-fare), and I will be upgrading the AA international segment to F (A-fare bucket) using SWUs.

Given that DFW-LHR is a JBA flight that is also sold as a BA codeshare, with revenue seats in the A bucket, would this be enough to allow me access to the CCR?

In order to use the SWU, the DFW-LHR segment would have to be booked as an AA flight number, but the LHR-DXB segment can be booked as either an AA or BA flight number. I understand that some here have reported being able to access the CCR based on an incoming flight in F even if the connecting departure is not in F, and I know that this is supposed to apply to BA flights only... but I wasn't sure whether the presence of the North American JBA, metal neutrality, and AA/BA codesharing on these routes had an impact on this.