FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nintendo DS vs. IPod Touch
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:57 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl
As the OP is well aware, there are powerports on most planes so battery life is seldom an issue any more for us on almost any flight. Either the battery lasts long enough or the plane has the power ports (at least on AA) and pretty much all the premium cabins have power as well.

No I'm not aware! I haven't seen them yet. I was just on the A380 and we usually fly 777's or 747's (transatlantics). Are they in economy or is this just a premium cabin thing?

I still suggest having them fully recharged before leaving. It's not recommended to do this before the light goes on but we do only before flights. I also bring the recharger (in case of a delay or our bags get lost).

Good to know about the short battery life on the 3DS. Also a salesperson confided that he gets a headache using it after a couple of hours.

I did catch my kids messaging another child on the flight, which is not allowed (no radio controlled toys, etc.) so either explain this and/or keep an eye out for this.
On QF, power is in the premium cabins on the 744 however I believe they are also in Y on the A388

on AA, F, J, and Y (to the exit rows) have PP's (for mainline) for the most part, and after the exit row, its roughly every third row, again if one just used seat guru they would know

the caveat at least on AA, is you have a good shot at the PP either not working or shut off