FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Restaurants in/near Seattle/SEA - suggestions & questions" thread
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:16 pm
Gardyloo
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Rampage1967
I found these Seattle restaurants on restaurant.com

Could let me know if you recommend any of these?I don't want to bother with discounted restaurants if kids won't eat the food! We typically love pizza, chinese food and burgers.

China Harbour - near Space Needle

Japanese Gourmet - 82 Stewart (Pike Place)

Game Works - 7th Avenue

Built Burger - 217 James Street

Osain - 5th Avenue

The Peking - located in Bellevue

TIA, Rampage
China Harbor - It's enormous, relatively remote (on Lake Union quite a way from anything) and old. Also overpriced and mediocre. It's one of those places that you drive by and wonder HOW it manages to stay open. We went once - I think Reagan was President - and vowed never to return. (Answer, I think, is that it's huge and does a lot of weddings and parties.)

Japanese Gourmet - Haven't tried it; reviews are decidedly mixed. Unless your kids like sushi and donburi dishes, I'd look elsewhere around the Pike Market.

Gameworks - Remarkable, hellish throwback to the 90s - my head hurts just thinking of eating there.

Built Burger - Again, never been. It looks like you'd definitely need the coupon to keep from overpaying for a... burger?

O'Asian - Used to go there a lot (wife worked in the office building where it's located.) Pretty so-so, aside from very corporate decor. It's mainly a lunch place for office workers.

The Peking - No idea.

If you're looking for cheap Asian food around lunchtime (e.g. O'Asian, Japanese Gourmet, Peking?) I'd suggest you go instead to Uwajimaya in the International District - www.uwajimaya.com - and hit the food court. Everything from burgers to Thai, Japanese to Filipino to Hawaiian Plate Lunches (kids and many of us oldies think Aloha Plates is da bomb) - and everybody can choose their own. Cheap, lots of food (save room for the Vietnamese chocolate cream puffs) and when you're done, a walk through the Uwajimaya grocery/department store is a tourist destination in its own right. A GREAT place, by the way, for a nosh before a baseball game, provided you get there before the stalls start to close around 5.