FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:30 pm
S.Bling

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Banks_CA
Had a look at the website and still not clearer in my head.

Am travelling with the GF on a flight to the US in First (thank you Chase - not starting any fights ) and happen to have a couple of freinds that are travelling on the same flight in punter class.

I have silver status, but GF has none. Will be able to invite our frinds into the lounge with us? I know I can get one in with card benefits, but not sure if we can get two.

Can anyone clairfy?

Cheers
Forget what card you have (silver). Your BP in F trumps that.

Just with your (one) silver card you would have been allowed into the Terraces only, and with one guest (which would be your GF).

With a boarding pass in F (of which you have two, you and GF) you are both entitled to use either the Terraces, the Flounge, or the CCR - and each of you are allowed one guest (total of two guests).

So, bottom line, there can be 4 of you in any of BA's lounges you choose - they are all accessible to you with a seat in F.

Now, whether you can walk out (and "forget" your guests inside) and reappear with new guests... is entirely a function of which lounge it is, how busy they are, whether it is the same person, and how alert everyone is.
And of your own sense of justice/nerve :-S