FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most overrated airline in the world?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:04 pm
acunningham

I've been touring Asia for the last 6 months, and have been trying some new airlines based on their reputation. In some cases I've underwhelmed:

- Cathy Pacific HKG-TPE was on an old and tatty A330, with indifferent service. Not impressed at all.

- Asiana NRT-ICN and ICN-PEK, supposedly a great airline, had a hideously broken website, and bad food. Service was good though, and the cabin brand new.

- Singapore PVG-SIN and SIN-DPS, claimed by many to be the best airline in the world, does have really good soft product (service and food), but if they want to keep that title they really need to do something about their business class seats, at least on 777s. Quite a few other airlines now have much better seats.

On the other hand, there have been some pleasant surprises:

- Vietnam Airlines REP-SGN and SGN-HAN was very good for a short haul flight, with new aircraft, comfy seats, good service and good food.

- All the domestic Chinese airlines fly new aircraft and have good service. If only they served edible food...

- ANA PVG-NRT was wonderful - new aircraft, good business seat, superb service, and good food. In terms of soft product, it's probably the best airline I've ever flown. I'd go out of my way to fly with them again.