FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:38 am
DMIrishFlyer

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by bartmas777
I am not one to usually complain, but I am kind of ticked. One of the reasons I fly DL is because of the domestic upgrades, even on award tickets. I understand that in no way do I deserve any upgrade unless I pay for it.

That being said... I was #3 for 7 seats this morning on DL55 (ATL-IAH). I get to the gate, boom, upgraded. My first time upgraded on an award tix. They board FC and due to an equip swap seats 1A/B do not exist (MD88). I am in 4D. So the fiasco begins. The GA comes down and gets BPs for 1A and 1B. Next thing I know, what appears to be a deadheading FA, stops and asks me for my BP. I hand it over. She comes back and forth several times asking for BPs from other passengers. On her way to her seat (suitcase in tow) she stops and tells me to move back to coach, gives me a seat #, and hands me back my BP. Umm, ok. Even if there are only 5 seats available and I was #3, why am I getting un-upgraded?

Allow me to be a DYKWIA for 1 second in my life... over 150K BIS miles this year, #3 on the list and I get picked to move back with the kettles. Come on. OK I am done and feel a little better and I am moving on.
Capitulation is the word.... you capitulated way too easy. Did you put up any kind of fight? I would have asked to see the GA and a new boarding pass.