FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:28 pm
worldiswide

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
As previously posted, stayed here for the second time a couple of months ago. While I do agree that the concierge desk can be a little slow and their English skills could be better, I saw an improvement from the previous stay a few months before and I think this hotel will continue to be a great asset in the chain. The location is great, and the rooms are terrific

We wanted to go to several small musuems that we had seen in an article prior to the Olympics, which turned out to be in lanes that had been razed during the construction. The desk patiently called each musuem, found its new location and hours for us, and helped us to plot out our day in a logical order. They printed maps and itineraries for us each day. I wasnt always sure that our requests were properly understood, but all of our arrangements, reservations, and transportation went off without a hitch.

The staff in the Executive Lounge was excellent and helpful and the hours were great (along with the view!)

We were traveling with another couple, and asked to have our breakfast in the restaurant and they had no issues with that. The breakfast was excellent and the restaurant decor was lovely.

I can certainly sympathize with the complaints about construction noise, but I dont think the hotel has control over the mall and construction in China is unlikely to stop.