FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated post-transition orphaned credits thread
Old Jul 11, 2011, 3:57 pm
geemanjee

Consolidated post-transition orphaned credits thread

I would appreciate if anyone can guide me on the best possible solution to my situation. My 2 daughters have 8 credits each from RR 1.0 in their accounts. Unfortunately they are worthless until they are converted to a standard award (correct?). Southwest wouldn't let me combine the two accounts (I thought I would give it a shot in the dark) and the 8 credits cannot be used to convert to 2 one-ways in their respective accounts. The expiration date is October 2011 for the credits to start being deleted from their accounts so I am wondering what I could possibly do to earn enough points to convert them to awards. Any suggestions? I know I could buy the points, but to buy 9600 points, it is $250 per account ... pretty steep! Could I possibly open credit cards in their names? Do credit card companies issue cards to 4 and 2 year olds? They obviously won't fly enough to earn the points that way. Anyone had success convincing southwest to convert 8 credits to a one-way award, or to convince them to combine or transfer between accounts?

Any help is appreciated!