FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA *G member can't buy E+ and credit miles to ANA??
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:00 am
Unimatrix One

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Also, not sure how moving business JL/AA would be prudent since, well, they don't offer E+ either.

Did it occur to you that if I can't use E+ on UA, the balance of advantages shifts in JL and AA's favor? Namely, JL's service blows away UA. Or if I take AA, I can get a more convenient routing. Only if I can get E+ on UA and use my *G benefits does UA become more attractive.

Originally Posted by weero
No, in my experience you are 100% spot on.

[snip]

I write to UA and complain bitterly about the treatment ... and they confirm that what HKG did was exactly how the system was intended to be.

Half a year later, I send UA 6 tickets which I purchased from SQ, TG, and CX because UA won't let me credit to *A and they "regret" my decision...

It's a hopeless company, far removed from customer input.
Wow... just wow. It's like UA is just telling *G members to go [pound sand]. They offer a benefit (E+ upsell) to general MP members who rarely fly but deny it to *G members who fly tens of thousands of miles every year... unless the *G member agrees to credit to MP, in which case they give up all the *G benefits like lounge access, priority check-in etc.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 7, 2011 at 6:55 am Reason: merge