FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SEN lounge FRA B-pier
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:35 am
hch

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
In case you haven't noticed it's a running joke in this forum.

But joking aside how do we know a 300-seat lounge will solve the overcrowding problem? Some people have given up going to SEN lounges (in B especially) and going to Business lounges instead. The SEN lounge in A is also overcrowded and some people may come the new B lounge instead.
Next year will see the opening of 5 lounge (I guess 2x C, 2x SEN and 1x FCL) in the newly built radix between Pier A and the new Pier A+. I guess that'll help with the A26 lounger overcrowding.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LH is unusual in providing separate lounges for Business pax and Senators/*G. Why should people who pay to fly on LH C be treated less favourably than *G many of whom don't even fly on LH? And some LH Business lounges are nicer than a few *G lounges I've seen. I don't think there's anything wrong with airlines treating their own status pax more favourably and pax who fly in their premium class for that matter.
I never quite got the distinction. E.g. in BOS both the SEN and C side had absolutely the same interior and food. In German outstations the food on the SEN side seems to be a bit better in gernal, but e.g. the Tower Lounge in Frankfurt shows that combined lounges work. Having just one kind of lounges below the FCL would certainly help balance people to wards the closer and/or less crowded lounge.