FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGA-EWR / EWR-LGA Airport Connections
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:39 pm
YCTTSFM

Programs: too many of the few that are left
Originally Posted by mikemey
Sure, but you have to either go through Manhattan (nevermind the Tri-Boro bridge) to get to the Lincoln Tunnel, or get on the BQE to hit the Verrazano/Outerbridge or Goethals to get into NJ on that same holiday weekend. Toss in the NJ Turnpike and an outsider might be queasy. Not something I'd want to subject to anyone, new to NYC or a veteran...
...The sticking point here is LGA, since it's not served by any convenient mass transit. That's why I suggested a cab over to Citi Field, get on the 7 to GCT, S to Times Square, 1, 2, or 3 to Penn Station, NE Corridor NJT line to EWR. It'll take at least 2 hours, probably longer, but might be better than sitting in NYC traffic. Heck, I'll bet the website has a better route that I'm not even thinking of.
Agree, except I'd never-never-ever send my friend, who's lived all her life in a 30-household town in Wyoming, to find the right bus in Times Square, on a Friday night, dragging a 36" suitcase. (I followed her instructions to the letter when housesitting someone else's suddenly sick chickens. Whew.)

OP is the only one here who really knows the friend's particulars. Lots of detailed advice here, so hopefully they can pick and choose whatever will work best.

Now, about those cookies...