FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum $200 Airline Credit Strategy? [Read message #1 before posting]
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:19 pm
SkyTeam777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 5thofjuly
Just got of the line and the fee for the trial preferred will be reimbursed. Apparently the problem was that even though this is an airline fee, US assigned a ticket number to it which is what caused it not to automatically get reimbursed. However, after a relatively short hold with AMEX Platinum C/S I was told I would be reimbursed the remaining balance I had available. Since it's a manual reimbursement I was told it would take 2-4 weeks to actually hit my account, but he did confirm that it would absolutely be reimbursed.

Just another FYI, US Trial Preferred has an additional $15 federal fee so the total cost is $215 of which only $200 will be reimbursed, but still a good deal.

Thanks SkyTeam777 for pushing me to make the call. Amex as always was pleasant to deal with and I wound up getting more money put back in my pocket.
Did your reimbursement ever come through? They promised mine would, and it did not. So I called AMEX back, and they have opened a case to review it. Let's hope they follow through on their word and reimburse it this time. They said it would take 6-8 weeks!