FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you pack a vibrator, don't get shaken by TSA
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:10 pm
phedre

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Originally Posted by favalarry69
This is one reason that they should in most airports have seperate male and female screening lines...also women have tampons and other items that they may not want men to see!!
I've never really considered it an issue. I've yet to see any screener so much as react to me having a vibrator in my carry on - I'm sure they see it so often that it's just not an issue.

Though if you're personally shy about it, I suppose you could self-select into a line with female screeners.

And quite frankly, I agree with this quote from the article:

Carol Queen, the celebrated San Francisco sex expert, lecturer and proprietor of the Good Vibrations chain of sex stores, has traveled the world with her carry-on bags full of vibrators and other paraphernalia. Vibrators, she says, are not the problem. Shame about vibrators is the problem.

"There's no reason to be embarrassed," said Queen. "If an inspector asks you about it, look him in the eye and tell him it's your vibrator."
Sexuality is normal and healthy, and not something anyone should ever feel ashamed of.