FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping at/near DFW?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:03 am
TMOliver

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by aktchi
Thanks everyone. After looking at my itinerary (all of previous day, then from DFW to Japan) and my age, I decided to get a hotel. The cheapest one with airport shuttle and available with AA miles (3300 miles) was DFW Airport Hotel Irving, 4440 West Airport Freeway, Irving, so I booked it.
Checking the address, I believe this property to have once, long ago, been a Ramada, and describale as a bit frayed around the edges, one of those early and strange conversions to atrium configuration.

About 5 years ago, I lectured at a Maintenance Seminar for public housing authorities and apartment developments(obviously an attempt by the sponsor to find the cheapest rates to attract small entities) at the hotel.

I can only suggest that you adjust the threshold of your expectations down a few "clicks", and put your trust in God and not totally rely on the shuttle (although I noticed some "aircrew" staying there, ferry pilots from some 3rd world venue - and cheap per diem - with an RON at DFW enroute).