FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:27 am
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Folks.... I will be in LAX for 2 days for a couple of meetings and wine events. I can get a good rate at the Westin LAX, but my meetings are in Av. of the Stars and in the Beverly Hills area.... how long a commute do I have from the Westin LAX to these destinations...? Ive been told to ignore what MapQuest says as LA based folks tell me the transit times quoted are not realistic....

I will arrive in LAX on Thursday... and leave Saturday... from the posts above it seems that the day of the week is important in traffic determination, etc.

Any thoughts and/or advice would be appreciated.... bottom line, do I need to forget the Westin LAX and go elsewhere...?

Thanks,
Gaucho100K
It really depends on what time of the day you travel, as traffic is fairly bursty yet predictable. I would say you could do that trip in about half an hour without traffic. With traffic, it can get much longer, and I'd take the surface streets. Unfortunately, I've found Fridays to be the worst days for traffic, especially around the 405 and 10 interchange and the Wilshire area around there, starting at about 2pm.