FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa {FIN}
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2011, 2:07 pm
tsastor

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by MS02113
...but the results it returns were all posted several years ago. I'm looking for more recent experiences. Plus, there was no dedicated thread for this property.
Also, how is the beach? I imagine that the water is freezing, but it may be good for a dip after the sauna?
There was a dedicated thread, still listed in the Hilton Family Hotel Master Thread, but it seems to be deleted or the link doesn't work. Anyway I understand now why you ask.

The hotel itself hasn't changed much in the last five years, I was there last time in May as well. My gold amenities are always two bottles of water () and some chocolates. When I was diamond I got a bottle of wine as well. There is no lounge in this property (which is the main drawback), but it is still my favorite hotel in Finland and one of the best Hiltons IMO.

The previous posters are right, although you don't have to use the tunnels, of course, if you can stand a little bit of fresh air. Also, the way up to the hotel from the tram is really not that steep.

You asked about the beach. The one by the saunas is small but ok. Before last year there was a small pier but for some reason they took it away. The beach and inside pool should be ok for you and your children (as long as they can swim, of course).

Last edited by tsastor; Jun 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm Reason: Realized the children are probably proficient swimmers.