FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just checked in as a Silver Medallion, getting Sky Priority messages
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:26 pm
j.bell

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by markraby
Has Delta changed the structure for Sky Priority? I thought it used to only be a benefit for GM and above, or those who are flying in F via any means. But I just checked in for a JFK-LAX flight tomorrow, as an FO with (obviously) no confirmed upgrade, and the flight in my itineraries page shows the Sky Priority banner. Is this a glitch or do FO's now get automatic Sky Priority even without an upgrade?
As an FO, I always see a banner on the itineraries page that says sky priority and you can click it to find out more about sky priority and how much you should want it. But you do not get it (if you did, it would show up on the boarding pass). You do get to check in at the slightly quieter terminal 2 instead of 3 (because you are doing transcontinental), but that's unrelated.

At most stations the sky priority and FO checkin is combined, which is why you have seen signs that say "sky priority" and list all of the classes in SP, then a horizontal rule followed by silver medallion and Alaska MVP, meaning that the line is for both SP and FO, not that FO gets SP.