FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final 50000 points to use...
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2011, 3:42 am
more4less

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cityflyer369

Regarding your original question: whether you can change award flights after the date your miles would have been expired, this question has been asked several times in this forum. Unfortunately, I do not remember the answer (I have never been in this situation myself), but you might wish to use the search function to find the relevant threads. (My guess is that there is no definite answer to this, otherwise I would probably have remembered the outcome of the discussions here. I think your approach worked for some people, while others ran into difficulties.)
I had a similar situation with M&M last year. I booked a ticket using miles from a close relative that were about to expire. Later, when the miles had already expired, I changed the dates and I had no problem with it.
I understand that once the ticket is issued, the conditions of the ticket prevail, independently of the situation of the miles.

If it was the opposite, ie. that terminalfive decides from the 1st/July to credit all his flights with ST to FB. In such a case I cannot imagine he can go to FB in November and ask to cancel the award ticket and redeposit the miles in his account, so the above should be OK, but as cityflyer369 mentions, with FB you never know.

Good luck!