FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Next Stage Travel
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2011, 8:30 am
jessicadallas

Hotelandairpromotion

I did the same thing as above. Paid the $49, $65 fee, etc. Then I get an email back from hotelandairpromotion saying it will be $475 a person.. I saw where it said that we are responsible for over $250, but this wasn’t until the last step when I got to “redemption certificate” I have booked many trips for this summer and haven’t paid over $300 and this is during peak times. So I assumed it wouldn’t be more than the $250. I get on priceline to look at the days/prices and find one instantly that is only $280. With more searching I know I can find one cheaper, so why are these people being so lazy and just looking for the most expensive one?! Here is the post I posted to another thread..

This company works through so many various companies.. Living Social had a deal for $49 for two people/ 2 night hotel & flight to go to Vegas. After reading more details there is also a $65 booking fee and a $75- $150 MAX fee for airline taxes per person. So we figure okay great at MOST we would spend $204.50 a person. Then Living Social has us go through all these different companies to redeem our certificate and when we finally get our “itinerary” it isn’t even itemized and it says flight/hotel will be $475 a person and we are responsible for $150 plus any amount over $250!!! I hop on Priceline and within one minute I found a hotel/flight for only $280 on the same dates. These people are just making up prices and will not return calls/emails! They said I need to figure out the other companies that they are working with because they work through tons of other companies. INSANE!!!

--I have contacted Next Stage/Living Social/and hotelandairpromotions.com all are giving me the run around. DO NOT go through this company. On the Next stage form they try and make you feel good by saying "$75-$150 max per person for taxes. We don’t want to assume it’s only going to be $75 so we want to make sure you know that it can be a max of $150” I’m just so irritated. Hotelandairpromotion said since I wrote on the certificate they will not refund me the $65.. are you serious?! Everyone please take my advice and go through a larger site and don’t be fooled like I was. I’ll keep you updated on what happens. I just emailed H&A promotions multiple trips that are WAY under $475 a person.. We will see…