Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next Stage Travel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Next Stage Travel

Does anyone have any previous experience with this kind of of deal?

http://www.socialbuy.com/los-angeles...vel-08-02-2011

I couldn't find any reviews about the company that issues these vouchers (Next Stage Travel)

http://nextstagetravel.com/
Old Feb 8, 2011, 3:54 pm

I can't vouch from personal experience, but after reading the terms and conditions on their site......avoid avoid avoid. You're basically buying a voucher redeemable for a reservation form to book your hotel or airfare.

"The cost to redeem this certificate to receive a reservation form is a one-time redemption fee of $(X) for processing, postage and handling."

At the time of booking (after you receive your reservation form), a reservation processing fee for pertinent fees and taxes of approximately $(X) per person, and any miscellaneous expenses where applicable, is required and payable to the fulfilling travel agency that will book your reservations.

Unless you're more flexible than an Olympic gymnast, you're probably better off booking your travels through Priceline or Hotwire for a little more than what this company is offering after all their "processing fees".

http://nextstagetravel.com/terms.html

I hope you didn't end up buying this "deal" from Social Buy. If you did, please post your experience. I'm interested to know if this actually works for the ppl that go through with it!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:34 pm

Next stage travel

I am weary of this package as well. $39 for travel voucher that includes roundtrip airfare from Dallas and 3 nights in Vegas at a 3 star hotel...I read all the fine print with the $65 non refundable fee and the up to $150 in additional fees/taxes. Just seems too good to be true. This deal and others by this company are posted on 50 different bargain websites. I could not find Next Stage Travel on my search on the BBB website. Their website quotes, " Our main supplier is a member of the BBB and Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce.
In that way, we know that when you redeem your voucher that they will stand behind it.". Which doesn't make me believe they are confidently standing behind what they are selling. If anyone has used this company before please share. Oh, when I googles "nextdaytravel" they also come up on a website http://atlantatheatrebuzz.net/aboutus.html
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:38 pm
Suspended

I'm another spambot weighing in
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:39 pm

Ditto here. They claim their "main supplier" is a member of the BBB. Yet, they fail to provide the name.

The other site quoted above has a confusing disclaimer on one package: Voucher can be emailed or sent to any US postal address. 1 year to redeem, and up to 1 more year to travel How do u redeem it unless you're going to travel?

Here is a link to one of their discussions. Feel free to post some questions. The more questions that are posted, the more people will be aware.

http://www.edailyquest.com/discussion/discussion.php
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by blondee_yvr
The other site quoted above has a confusing disclaimer on one package: Voucher can be emailed or sent to any US postal address. 1 year to redeem, and up to 1 more year to travel How do u redeem it unless you're going to travel?
Not confusing to me. It just means you have 1 year to redeem the voucher, then at voucher redemption, you can ticket (or re-ticket, if allowed) for a date up to one year after redemption.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:39 pm

There are a lot of steps when you're trying to do this. It's been a month now, and I'm still not booked for my trip!

1) $49 for the voucher just to get the certificate
2) $65 to redeem certificate
3) $300 ($150/person) for when you do finally do book
4) $xxx Cost to cover the rest of the air fare (They only give you $250/person for air credit)

1) eQuestDaily sent me a receipt and and was instructed to contact Next Stage Travel

2) Called Next Stage Travel, and they emailed me some PDF Certificate pointing me to redeem it at redeemcertificateoffer.com, there I paid my $65 USD

3) A couple weeks later I got this cheap looking form where I have to fill it out and send it to
HOTEL and AIR PROMOTION, 4196 Merchants Plaza, Suite 310, Lake Ridge, VA 22191 (Google Maps)

It's a freaking mailbox at the UPS Store!

On the back of that form, here are the terms and conditions:

Terms & Conditions
  1. This certificate entitles you and a companion to Roundtrip airfare*
    from most International Airports with in Canada & The United States
  2. You will also receive a two night hotel stay in one room based on double occupancy. *A $250 flight credit per person. Any costs that exceed that amount is to be paid by the traveling customer
  3. Once your certificate is received, you will receive further correspondence via email or standard mail 30 days after. All travel requires a 90 day advance notice and travel must be completed with in 12 months of registration.
  4. Only one vacation offer per household per any 12 month period. This vacation offer can not be used in conjunction with any travel offers. This offer is not valid for two or more certificate holders. Once
  5. registered, it becomes non transferable. No discounts or travel rewards can be used with this offer
  6. All terms to this vacation offer are subject to change with out notice. All availability and promotional offers are for low season and non peak travel periods. In the event there are no promotional flights
  7. available, all hotel accommodations are to be paid by the recipient. It is important that you do not make any travel arrangements unless you receive confirmation from Hotel and Air Promotion.
  8. The recipient is responsible to pay all expenses including transfers, gratuities, and meals. All service, processing, and booking fees must be paid at the time the reservation is made, $150 per person. Once fees are paid, they are non cancelable nor non refundable.
  9. All flights are subject to change with out notice. Hotel and Air Promotion is not liable for any changes, Act of God, or any unforeseeable circumstance that may occur after the reservation has been booked. By participating with this offer, the signatory agrees to all responsibilities from the registration date.
  10. Passengers must be 21 years or older and have a valid credit card. Other requirements may apply. Hotel provider may have certain traveling restrictions that the traveler must adhere to.
  11. This offer is void where prohibited by law. This certificate can not be exchanged for cash, resold or reproduced. This certificate is considered void if sold or battered.

Last edited by fred456; Mar 20, 2011 at 8:19 pm
Old May 3, 2011, 11:50 am

Smile Hi fred456! sooo... after the multiple steps, did u get to finally go on ur trip?

[QUOTE=fred456;16067159]There are a lot of steps when you're trying to do this. It's been a month now, and I'm still not booked for my trip!

1) $49 for the voucher just to get the certificate
2) $65 to redeem certificate
3) $300 ($150/person) for when you do finally do book
4) $xxx Cost to cover the rest of the air fare (They only give you $250/person for air credit)

***Hi fred456! sooo... after the multiple steps, did u get to finally go on ur trip? i jus saw this similar offer via buywithme.com & got real excited about takin my kids to orlando for $49 (hotel & airfare)... what a deal!!! BUT it jus sounds too good to be true & i couldn't really find any info about NEXT STAGE TRAVEL... Please help!!!***
Old May 13, 2011, 11:10 am

Wink Next stage travel $49 voucher -- not credible

I too saw the $49 voucher to Vegas on "buywithme". Went to company website and started a chat:

Please wait for a site operator to respond...

Operator Ethan has joined the chat.

Ethan: Welcome to Next Stage chat. My name is Ethan. How can I help you?

ME: the Buy with me deal for $49, can I buy two and use it with a family member for the same trip?

Ethan: limit 1 per household.

ME: so what is the total cost for two adults, including airfare + 2-night hotel, plus redemption cost and tax and everything else you will charge for this deal? We are traveling from DC Dulles airport to Las Vegas

Ethan: $414.

ME: For two adults? Any other cost/charges for the trip? I am aware of that we need to pay our own ground transportation, food and entertainment.

Ethan: $49 purchase price + $65 redemption fee + up to $150 taxes and fees per person x 2 = $414.

ME: But the other adult is not eligible for $49 voucher if he travels with me, right? Or the $49 voucher covers for 2 adults?

Ethan: 1 voucher is good for 2 adults.

ME: I see. thanks. What about airfares? It's totally covered?

Ethan: The offer will provide a $250 flight credit per person. If the flight is over you will be responsible for any overages.
Old May 26, 2011, 6:24 pm

This looks like the same scam, where u spend $100 at the same grocery store or gas station, and u get $25 back every month... remember that?
Old May 27, 2011, 8:30 am

Hotelandairpromotion

I did the same thing as above. Paid the $49, $65 fee, etc. Then I get an email back from hotelandairpromotion saying it will be $475 a person.. I saw where it said that we are responsible for over $250, but this wasn’t until the last step when I got to “redemption certificate” I have booked many trips for this summer and haven’t paid over $300 and this is during peak times. So I assumed it wouldn’t be more than the $250. I get on priceline to look at the days/prices and find one instantly that is only $280. With more searching I know I can find one cheaper, so why are these people being so lazy and just looking for the most expensive one?! Here is the post I posted to another thread..

This company works through so many various companies.. Living Social had a deal for $49 for two people/ 2 night hotel & flight to go to Vegas. After reading more details there is also a $65 booking fee and a $75- $150 MAX fee for airline taxes per person. So we figure okay great at MOST we would spend $204.50 a person. Then Living Social has us go through all these different companies to redeem our certificate and when we finally get our “itinerary” it isn’t even itemized and it says flight/hotel will be $475 a person and we are responsible for $150 plus any amount over $250!!! I hop on Priceline and within one minute I found a hotel/flight for only $280 on the same dates. These people are just making up prices and will not return calls/emails! They said I need to figure out the other companies that they are working with because they work through tons of other companies. INSANE!!!

--I have contacted Next Stage/Living Social/and hotelandairpromotions.com all are giving me the run around. DO NOT go through this company. On the Next stage form they try and make you feel good by saying "$75-$150 max per person for taxes. We don’t want to assume it’s only going to be $75 so we want to make sure you know that it can be a max of $150” I’m just so irritated. Hotelandairpromotion said since I wrote on the certificate they will not refund me the $65.. are you serious?! Everyone please take my advice and go through a larger site and don’t be fooled like I was. I’ll keep you updated on what happens. I just emailed H&A promotions multiple trips that are WAY under $475 a person.. We will see…
Old May 28, 2011, 7:39 am

Exclamation Same experience as Fred456

Hi:

We bought the $49 Vegas deal from Buy With Me a few weeks back. We are having the exact same experience as Fred456.

In the Buy With Me deal, it was clear from the beginning that we would pay a $65 processing fee and that we would be responsible for taxes up to $150 per person. It still seemed worth a shot.

We paid the processing fee to Next Stage Travel, then got our certificate by email. This funny little line was included in the email: "Any variations on rules is up to the redeeming travel agency." So, at this point, Next Stage Travel has absolved themselves of any new charges that may be introduced.

The certificate is redeemed through Hotelandairpromotion.com. And the new catch is that we will be responsible for flight costs over $250 per person. And guess what? No matter what days we try to book this trip, the flight is well over $250 per person: $451.18 to be exact.

So, when you add up the Buy With Me deal, $65 processing fee, $400 in extra flight charges, and $300 in taxes, you will have paid over $800 for two nights at the Stratosphere.

I compared the same travel dates and hotel to Funjet. I can book the same trip for $650 through them.

I kept all documentation and copied the terms from their web site. I have disputed the charges for both the Buy With Me deal and the $65 processing fee with my credit card company. I will fight this tooth and nail since the >$250 flight charges were a surprise introduced later in the process.

I thought since I was buying this through one of the well-known social coupon sites that the company would have been properly checked for possibility of a scam. This now gives me a much lower opinion of Buy With Me. I've seen other vacation deals with Living Social that were interesting. I'm not so sure I would buy one of those either now.

Good luck!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:29 am

[QUOTE=oneloveboo;16321576]
Originally Posted by fred456
***Hi fred456! sooo... after the multiple steps, did u get to finally go on ur trip? i jus saw this similar offer via buywithme.com & got real excited about takin my kids to orlando for $49 (hotel & airfare)... what a deal!!! BUT it jus sounds too good to be true & i couldn't really find any info about NEXT STAGE TRAVEL... Please help!!!***
Hi oneloveboo, no I stopped when I found out about the hidden costs. Next Stage Travel flat out lies to you. They say it won't cost more that XXX but it does.

The kicker is how they only give you 2 (two) x $250 vouchers for airfare. That is where they lie to you. That fact is not transparent when you buy it. I can't find any flights even close to $250.

This is a Ponzi Scheme.
  • They make you wait 90 before you can book any travel
  • In the 90 days they try to collect as many $65 booking fees as they can
  • They might pay some of the $250 travel vouchers to keep people happy
  • Within the 90 days you deal with multiple "businesses" in different states to make it harder for state attorneys to prosecute
  • When they think they've collected enough money, they close up shop

I bought my voucher from a group buying site too. And they said in the end Next Stage Travel hid some facts from them too. A lot of their customers complained about the hidden costs and they ended up giving refunds to their customers.

Next Stage Travel also lied about the travel places being BBB accredited.
A simple search found that the fake site http://betterbusinessfederation.org was setup by the certificate places to help trick these group buying sites into think this whole thing was legit.

My word of advice: STAY AWAY. I got burnt.... so you don't have to!

In the end I booked another vacation with Allegiant Air.
4 night in Las Vegas at Excalibur. Two free ticket's to circus soleil's KA. Round trip flight. All for $728 for two people. for $364 I know I'm booked with a reputable company and it's just one step. EASY!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:15 am

Programs: Everyone!
Thanks to all for sharing!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for this post! I was very close to pulling the trigger on this deal on kgb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.