FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When do CR-1s Post? [Merged] (2011 Edition)
Old May 26, 2011, 4:49 pm
EUG1K

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
A way to delay CR1's

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm actually hoping they get delayed a bit longer (June '12 expiry would be great) - just earned 75K EQM regionals, and will have 6 unneeded (for now) SWUs forced on me in a week
This is what I have done in past years to make sure that CR1's would post in the latest month possible. It only works without risk of losing an upgrade when you are already confirmed in First for all of your flight segments. Just go to a RCC or Customer Service counter before your first flight and have them remove your MP number from the reservation. The excuse I would use was that I was thinking about crediting the miles to a partner airline. If they asked for the FF number I said I couldn't remember it and would add it later or send in the boarding passes for credit. It worked great for a couple of years until some of the promotions like DEQM started requiring your MP number to be in the reservation from the start. When I wanted the miles to post that would trigger the CR1"s to post I just called MP and said that the miles didn't post for one or more of my latest trips. It is harder to do this now that upgrades are not clearing early like they used to. My Q2 CR1's posted on the 23rd. The flight that put me over 10K for the quarter was on the 18th. Of course I was hoping for the 2nd Saturday in June posting but there seems to be no set time for CR1's to post any more.
Jim

Last edited by EUG1K; May 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm Reason: Forgot to add when my Q2 CR1's posted