FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines
Old May 19, 2011, 2:07 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
+1

This is just par for the course.

Compared to their long-term track record prior to the merger ...
... they've been relatively benign since the merger (until this).
Specifics maybe not so accurate, but your postings were spot on.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I guess you missed SMI's post above - that, or simply choose to ignore it and to perpetuate your complaint.

As for unannounced changes, documentation showed that E is a non-earning class. Anyone buying E under that set of rules has no reason to expect that miles will be earned. No further announcement is necessary. Could mot29 have purchased the E fare and found himself not earning miles? He could have - but was too smart for that.
I did read SMI's post. But I stand by my claim. It isn't about the RDM's (I guess you missed my post). It's about MQM's. Further, this is an announced change. Why are we finding out about it via fake bookings and EF?

Or perhaps you weren't subject to some of DL's recent changes without any announcement. Well, just wait a bit and see if you're drinking kool-aid still. The lack of communication isn't a once in a time mishap on DL's part, but rather a consistent pattern of unfriendly customer practices. Hiding it in small print on the purchase screen after introducing a new fare isn't what I call open communication with customers.

Originally Posted by GrizShel
So I hope Delta will see fit to give customers more of a heads up going forward of program changes. I'll cite just one recent example - the unannounced restructuring of the award program for intra-Asia redemptions and the reduction in benefits for Asian Skymiles members was a huge devaluation of skymiles for a significant segment of your customers - the overnight changes caught lots of them by surprise and has turned off many customers from Delta. Sadly, that was not the first time I experienced something like that after coming over to Delta from Northwest.
+1