FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA can it get any worse?
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2011, 9:52 pm
ifitaintcomeoutadabay

AA can it get any worse?

I don't think so. Had a long flight into Miami recently with a connection to SFO. The connecting flight was canceled because of mechanical problems. I opt to take a flight to Dallas to be that much closer to home and get in early the next day. Oh well, long story short, 36 hour ordeal, no hotel because the agent refused to pay $200 for the last available room at the airport. (I know because I was standing there and overheard her say so.) When I complained, the supervisor threatened to have me thrown out of the airport. So I stay up all night in a hotel lobby. They lose my luggage. yada yada ... New terminal at SFO - but look around. When I went through there was not a single customer service desk. To inquire about a problem means standing in the passenger check-in line.

I had 'business class' on the outbound segments. But AA business means your seat, like mine, may not recline at all; it means the power outlets on their antiquated 757s do not ever work (more wasted $$ for the adapter to use on their 1980s era plugs); and it means zero leg room in row 1. What is that extra $900 for exactly?

AA in Miami - or anywhere I've had the displeasure of flying with them - is the absolute worst.