FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges for BA F out of DFW
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2011, 8:24 pm
Flying Prof

Programs: QF LTG, NZ Silver, CX
I can only quote from a post of mine last September on this subject. If it's improved since then somebody will no doubt inform you. Don't go near the place.

"I had been advised to give the BA lounge at DFW a miss and use the Admiral's Club instead so I first went to the AC. Nice open, airy lounge with pleasant service but only 2 coupons for drinks. Having used these, I thought I'd take a look at the BA lounge anyway. I shouldn't have bothered. It is a disgrace. J is a dark, pokey hole and F is a smaller, slighly lighter, even pokier hole off the main lounge. The lounge dragon's customer service skills had obviously been finely honed at Guantanamo Bay given the "welcome" I received. Oh well, I thought, I might as well have a drink to kill the remaining half an hour. Wrong! The "wines" on offer were utterly undrinkable, the centrepiece being "Yellowtail" which I can buy in my local discount grog shop in Sydney for around A$7 and which I wouldn't even use for cooking, The other stuff was el cheapo Argentinian and undrinkable American. If I'd had more time I'd have gone back to the AC. BA should shut this place down and direct passengers to the AC. It just tarnishes BA's image."