FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shopping list for Skyteam?
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2011, 10:12 pm
jimrpa

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Yes, Srilanka does have an airline. I am told Sri Lanka is a good place to visit. Few years ago,you could buy a really cheap RTW ticket starting in CMB.
(Colombo, Sri Lanka)
I've always wanted to go to Sri Lanka but the civil strife has always put me off. Come to think of it, I've not heard anything in the news in years. I should research it. It may have settled down. Perhaps it's time to research a trip. I wonder if SkyTeam can somehow get me there?
Emirate, Etihad and Qatar Airways are said to have really nice premium cabin.
For a short while, Emirates was available to Delta for SkyMiles awards and, I believe, some folks were even able to get Suites. As usual, Delta quickly figured out that people were actually redeeming SkyMiles for something desirable, and quickly dumped Emirates. I still can't figure out why Delta hasn't picked up RyanAir as a SkyMiles award partner. Probably because Delta figures that RyanAir is too premium for Delta customers
Jet Airways is not a Pakistani LCC. But a full fledged airline from India, thought to be much better than AI (Air India). I found AI to be quite decent in economy, certainly better than DL. I don;t know if they still do it, but a few years ago, they offered PDB (non alcoholic) in coach too. More flights on Jet would have meal service than DL does, even in coach.
Cool, thanks for the scoop!