Reload this Page >

Shopping list for Skyteam?

Shopping list for Skyteam?

Old May 19, 11, 6:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caytruc999 View Post
Air India.

(as I believe they could not make it for the July 31 deadline, so...

Star Alliance would not accept Air India and go with Jet Airways instead...

SkyTeam is left with the only choice which is Air India)
All this speculation. It really does not matter whether AI joins Star or not. Either of Jet Airways or Air India would be a nice addition to Skyteam.
Old May 20, 11, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
All this speculation. It really does not matter whether AI joins Star or not. Either of Jet Airways or Air India would be a nice addition to Skyteam.
They have to decide to choosing Jet Airways or Air India will joins into ST or Star Alliance. That will be a logical choices for both of them. Why can't have one the time? Lets wait and see. Whether if AI or 9W will expect to joins into Alliance or not. They have 1 carrier in Indian and not 2. It should have to keep separate the SkyTeam or Star.
Old May 23, 11, 10:36 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, QR, EK, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt, Shangri-La
Why not WY (Oman) or GF (Gulf)?

More realistic, perhaps, than the big three EK, EY, QR, and certainly far better than SV. These are both nice carriers (well, it seems -- I have never flown WY) that would add the intra-GCC dimension, excellent coverage of the Indian sub-continent, and very viable connection options from Europe to east Asia.
Old May 25, 11, 4:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mecabq View Post
More realistic, perhaps, than the big three EK, EY, QR, and certainly far better than SV. These are both nice carriers (well, it seems -- I have never flown WY) that would add the intra-GCC dimension, excellent coverage of the Indian sub-continent, and very viable connection options from Europe to east Asia.
I have never flown Oman, but I did fly GF once. They codeshared with AA on the transatlantic portion. AA would not even give miles for the legs flown on GF. I did not like them very much. I have also never flown EK, EY or QR, although I was booked to fly QR between LHR and HKG, so I don;t know if EK,EY and QR are any better. I am relying on those who have travelled these airlines.
Old Jun 5, 11, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Unfortunately for me and Malaysia Airlines will joins Oneworld Alliance.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-air...n=home-flipper.

Very extremely disappointed the news for AF & MH didn't go for Skyteam. MH was more favorable to joins the SkyTeam. MH wants to made a decision to joins oneworld Alliance. This is not good day for Skyteam. DL will be no longer codeshare & SkyMiles FF program.
Old Jun 5, 11, 9:14 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post

Very extremely disappointed the news for AF & MH didn't go for Skyteam. MH was more favorable to joins the SkyTeam. MH wants to made a decision to joins oneworld Alliance. This is not good day for Skyteam. DL will be no longer codeshare & SkyMiles FF program.
This is not a good development for Skyteam. I wonder what exactly were the reasons for this on MH's part (and on Skyteam's part). But we will probably never know.
Old Jun 5, 11, 10:20 pm

Programs: |QF Gold|OZ Gold|HH Diamond|
Originally Posted by cityflyer369 View Post
This is not a good development for Skyteam. I wonder what exactly were the reasons for this on MH's part (and on Skyteam's part). But we will probably never know.
MH probably looked at VN's hub in SGN and GA's in CGK and figured they were too close (much like SIN and BKK in Star would have been). In OW the closest hubs would be Hong Kong and Australia. A couple of years ago there was merger speculation involving Malaysian and Qantas so not surprising QF being their sponsor into OW.

Maybe someone at ST dropped the ball but probably strategically better to get VN and GA - much larger domestic markets with travel growth potential.
Old Jun 6, 11, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

Excellent news, finally something good. Here I was worried one of the pretty girls might get snapped up by DL & Co.
Old Jun 6, 11, 12:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It wasn't a part of Skyteam and DL flyers couldn't earn MQMs on MH anyway. For me, it's not a big loss.
MH wanted to join SkyTeam. Why was it made to wait?
SkyTeam does desperately need an Indian carrier. Either of 9W or AI would do.
Old Jun 6, 11, 1:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
Excellent news, finally something good. Here I was worried one of the pretty girls might get snapped up by DL & Co.
You have to depend on airlines for your dating needs?
Old Jun 6, 11, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
Either of 9W or AI would do.
Actually, AI will expected to joining into Star Alliance sometime in July 2011. If the scheduled is running on-time to get one step closer AI entry into Star Alliance.
Old Jun 8, 11, 12:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mecabq View Post
I have travelled on GF many years ago, I liked KU better.