FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2011, 4:15 pm
antonius66

Well, without adding some perks and bonuses, I predict they will see a massive reduction in card holders after the first year starts rolling around. I mean, most of us got it to spend $75 for 2 suite nights.....thank you PH Zurich .

However, compared to other cards like the Priority Club/IHG Visa, this card is trash. For $75 a year, the Hyatt card (after the first year) gives nothing. It gives 3ppd at Hyatts and 1ppd for other stuff, which is definitely inferior in value to a few other cards. Also, other than the 5k bonus for the first 5 nights in the current promo, we have seen nothing else.

Now, when IHG brings a card to the table that gives 10ppd at IHG properties (roughly the same value to me as 3 Hyatt ppd), AND a Free night certificate good at ANY IHG property every year on your anniversary, PLUS a 10% point rebate when you redeem points, PLUS gold status (ok that is worthless), and some other minor benefits all for $49 a year, you have to ask why the huge discrepancy.

Both cards have no forex which is nice, but for a 50% higher annual fee, Hyatt has to step it up. Especially considering you have to pay it upfront for Hyatt and IHG waives it for the first year and still gives as many as 80k points for signing up (2 free nights at ANY IHG, which can be extremely expensive/valuable...Bora Bora, Paris LeGrand, Hong Kong etc).