FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG launches new social currency platform. Earn bonus Starpoints and more.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:25 am
chrisdeaner

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Sure. In so far as I am able.

250 bonus will be earned for every confirmed reservation/Foursquare check-in after the member has linked their accounts, but it is not retroactive so they would not get credit for previous check-ins/reservations prior to linking their accounts.
Makes sense, no questions here.

No – the guest has to check in on Foursquare for each reservation. So, unfortunately, if they forgot to check-in on Foursquare during their stay, they cannot get the bonus at a later date outside the date of their reservation.
I guess I want to clarify what you posted earlier then:

No, you don't have to actually check into the hotel first. As long as you have a reservation and the stay is completed, it doesn't matter when you check into Foursquare.
So you mean it doesn't matter when you check into Foursquare within the time of your stay at the hotel? I just want to clarify when we actually can check-in on 4S and get credit! For instance, I'm jumping between 2 different SPG properties each night and want to make sure I check-in at the right time to get credit for each stay!