FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Wyndham Rewards points from Discover America promo and converting to WN
Old May 6, 2011, 7:38 pm
kshahk

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Originally Posted by lkar
Dear Wyndham Rewards:

As you may know, USAirways has a promotion right now where they will match some portion of the miles transferred from a hotel partner. In other words, if I redeem 8,000 WR points for 3,200 USAirways miles, US will add a bonus number of miles based on various factors.

The terms and conditions of the US promo say the following: "Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the qualifying partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record Activity Dates. Check with the applicable partner to confirm policies and procedures for recording Activity Dates."

For purposes of the promo, the transfer needs to occur by the end of May. I understand that Wyndham is conservative about the amount of time a transfer will take. But can you tell us how Wyndham "records the mileage transaction"? In other words, if I initiate a transfer through the WR web site of 3200 miles to US on May 15, what is the date on which Wyndham will record the transaction for purposes of reporting it to US? Hope that's clear. Thanks.
I would not bet on this, it says 6-8 weeks and you have about 3 weeks left, instead keep the points and use them to top off when you need to.